GSTR-3 filing has to be done by every GST registered business till 20th of each month. This form will be filed automatically on the basis of outward supplies and inward supplies with the payment of tax furnished in GSTR-1 filing and GSTR-2 filing.
Different headings for GSTR-3 filing are:-
1. GST identification number
2. Name of taxable person
4. Period (month-year)
5. Turnover Details: This will include turnover of all the supplies. Total turnover needs to be differentiated between:
i.) Taxable Turnover
ii.) Export Turnover
iii.) Nil rated and Exempted Turnover
iv.) Non-GST Turnover
v.) Total Turnover ( sum of above all)
6. Outward Supplies: It will contain the headings that were under GSTR-1 and will be auto filed. The headings are:-
i.) Inter-State Supplies to Registered Taxable Person
ii.) Intra-State Supplies to Registered Taxable Person
iii.) Inter-State Supplies to Consumers
iv.) Intra-State Supplies to Consumers
v.) Exports (including deemed exports)
vi.) Revision of Supply Invoices / Credit Notes / Debit Notes
vii.) Total Tax Liability on Outward Supplies
7. Inward Supplies: It will contain the headings that were under GSTR-2 and will be auto filed. The headings are:-
i.) Inter-State Supplies Received
ii.) Intra-State Supplies Received
iv.) Revision of Purchase Invoices / Credit Notes / Debit Notes
v.) Total Tax Liability on Inward Supplies on Reverse Charge
v.) ITC Reversal
8. Total Tax Liability for the month: Here GST registered businesses will determine both: their tax liability from dealing in goods and provision of services.
9. TDS credit received during the month: Any tax credit by way of tax deducted at source will auto-populate here from taxpayer’s GSTR-2 filing.
10. TCS credit received during the month: Any amount of TCS collected by the E-commerce operator will be available here in GSTR-3 filing.
11. ITC received during the month: Total amount of eligible input tax credit available for adjustment will get auto-computed here in GSTR-3 filing.
1. Tax, Interest, Late Fee and Penalty Paid: A final GST liability will be determined in this heading from all the values in above headings.
2. Refunds Claimed from Cash Ledger: Input Credit amount in excess of tax liability will flow to this heading. The taxpayer can claim a refund of amount showing in this header.